So you just listed your home and you have a lot of potential buyers – yay! Now is the perfect excuse to plan a staycation. Alternatively, renting an AirBnB or hotel locally can be easier than constantly switching your schedule around for showings… and more fun!
- Set a budget. First create a budget of what you are willing to spend. List your priorities then figure out how much you’re willing to spend.
- Plan what you want to do. Luckily here in Southern California, there are a ton of things to do. Amusement parks, beaches, mountains, and wine countries are all a hop, skip, and jump away. Research what’s nearby you and make a priority list of what you would like to do. Here are some ideas: family movie night, spa day, local theater production, local game night, guided tour, fancy dinner
- Use online resources. Scour through Groupon and see if you can find any local discount deals or promotions happening in the area.
- Create an itinerary. Now that you have an idea of what you would like to do, create a schedule to make sure you can fit everything in!
- Book a room. Although for staycations the idea is to stay home, if there are many showings scheduled, you might want to get a room. Find a local hotel room or AirBnB near you and close by to the planned activities for easier accessibility. Maybe access your credit card points to reserve cash for your move?
- Be a tourist. Treat this like any other vacation. Explore places you’ve never been before. Eat at a new restaurant. Take a lot of photos to remember this special “vacation.”
- Relax. Try not to stress about your listing or work and take this opportunity to relax with loved ones. Sleep in and have a spa day.
- Disconnect from social media. As tempting as Instagram can be, take this time to be in the moment and unwind.
- Buy a few souvenirs. Go to the local gift shop and rep your favorite city – your home! Make this a memorable experience like with any other vacation.